charity album submission
Deadline Extended: June 1, 2022
We are challenging Cleveland musicians to donate a cover of an AC/DC song to help in the fight against human trafficking. Our compilation albums generate funds for our charitable cause through streaming services like Spotify and Apple Music.
If you hate AC/DC, then this is the perfect opportunity to transform their songs into something uniquely your own. We’d love a lo-fi acoustic version of an AC/DC deep cut, or a smooth jazzy instrumental version of a classic we all know. If you love AC/DC, please resist the temptation to make a cover that sounds just like the original. No need to imitate the voices of Bon Scott or Brian Johnson (unless that’s how you sing naturally). Make it your own.
- Submissions must be unreleased.
- We ask that recordings are released solely through Cleveland Verses for one full year for greatest charitable impact. You will always retain ownership of your master.
- Master your songs in .wav format at 16bit / 44.1khz. (We can also master your song for you for free with Cloudbounce).
- Make the song your own, but don’t significantly alter lyrics or melody so that it becomes a derivative work.
- Akron Recording Company (Akron, Ohio) – $10 off/hour (minimum 4 hours)
- Area 67 Recording Studio (Akron, Ohio) – 20% off
- Breakthrough Sounds (Valley View, Ohio) – $10 off/hour + Free Mastering
- Defunk Studios (Stow, Ohio) – 25% off
- Jim Stewart Mixing (Cleveland, Ohio) – $150 off mixing
- Signal Flow Studios (Cleveland, Ohio) – $10 off/hour
- Starsound Studios (North Royalton, Ohio) – Call for discount + Free Mastering
Back in Black – Hallie
Beating Around the Bush – Cellophane Jane
Big Balls – Marcus Smith (Feat. The Rapscallions)
Can I Sit Next to You Girl – Arms & Armour
Crabsody in Blue – Shelter Pup.
Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap – Beasts Without Biomes
For Those About to Rock (We Salute You) – The Last Witch
Girls Got Rhythm – The Stereotypes
Hells Bells – Orefice Roth
High Voltage – The Beaver Chips
Highway to Hell – The Sublets
I Put the Finger on You – The New Preservation Society
If You Dare – Poro
If You Want Blood (You’ve Got It) – Vanity Crash
It’s a Long Way to the Top (If You Wanna Rock ‘n’ Roll) – The Modern Electric
The Jack – Dive Bombs
Let There Be Rock – TRUSS
Live Wire – The Got It Got It Need It
Night Prowler (Instrumental) – Urban Cattle
Ride On – Cities & Coasts
Rock ‘n’ Roll Damnation – Dan Miraldi
She Likes Rock ‘n’ Roll – Jeff Midnight
She’s Got Balls – Wig Doubt
Shoot to Thrill – Honeyland
Sin City – JAMPOP
Thunderstruck – Madeline Finn
T.N.T. – Ashley Brooke Toussant
Touch Too Much – Papi and the Smears
What Do You Do for Money Honey – Apostle Jones
Who Made Who – Who Saved Who
Whole Lotta Rosie – Wildcard Leader
You Shook Me All Night Long – Charity Cunningham